Book your bike on-line
You can find out all about CityCycle on the CityCycle website
It is easy to book on-line. Just follow the prompts.
Some points to note are:
- You can do casual hire for $2 per day or $11 per week (paid on-line by credit card).
- For casual subscriptions the first half hour of every journey is free. You end the journey by returning the bike to any station within half an hour. You can wait 5 minutes and take another bike for another journey. If any journey exceeds half an hour the excess charge is automatically debited from your credit or debit card at the end of the subscription period.
CityCycle has 150 stations available across Brisbane’s city centre, stretching from Newstead to West End and Toowong.
- CityCycle stations are located every 300 to 500 metres within the network. Consult the station map and corresponding list for details of the CityCycle network.
- Safety helmets are provided with most bikes, so long as you don't mind using one that has been on someone else's head. Otherwise take your own.
- It can be confusing the first time you use the system. The key information you need is:
- Subscriber Number (from your CityCycle Tax Invoice)
- Your personal PIN code (from your CityCycle Tax Invoice, entered when you book on-line)
- The number of the bike you intend to use (choose before you start entering your details at the terminal).
- At the terminal use the 'V' (validate) button to proceed though the steps.
Collect your bike at the terminal
You can preview the screens on the terminal on SlideShare here: