In the Federal Government, we are governed by the House of Representatives and the Senate.
The Grove falls within two Federal electoral divisions for the House of Representatives, and there is one Member for each electoral division.
The division is located north of the Brisbane River from Auchenflower in the east to Kholo in the west and north to Keperra and Ferny Grove and the boundary of the City of Brisbane in the north and west.
The main suburbs and localities include:
- The Grove suburbs of Keperra, Upper Kedron, Ferny Grove
- Other suburbs: Bellbowrie, Brookfield, Chapel Hill, Enoggera, Indooroopilly, Karana Downs, Kenmore, Mitchelton, St Lucia, Taringa, The Gap, Toowong, and parts of Ashgrove, Auchenflower, Bardon, Paddington and Lake Manchester.
The sitting member is Jane Prentice MP (LNP)
Members have been:
- Johnson, M (LP) 2001-2010
- Short, L (ALP) 2001-2001
- Moore, J (LP) 1975-2001
- Drury, E N (LP) 1949-1975
- The Grove suburbs of Ferny Hills and Arana Hills
- Other suburbs including the Moreton Bay Region Council suburbs of Albany Creek, Bray Park, Brendale, Cashmere, Dayboro, Eatons Hill, Everton Hills, Joyner, Kallangur, Lawnton, Mount Glorious, Mount Nebo, Petrie, Samford Valley, Strathpine and Warner.
The sitting member is The Hon Peter Dutton MP (Liberal), Shadow Minister for Health & Ageing
Members have been:
- Dutton, P (LP) 2001-
- Kernot, C (ALP) 1998-2001
- Smith, T (LP) 1996-1998
- Lavarch, M H (ALP) 1993-1996
- Are you aware of what position our Federal elected member takes on matters of importance to you in voting in Parliament?
- How have they been voting in the Senate on major issues of importance to you?
- What are their positions on climate change and action to reduce carbon?
- What are their positions on population policy?
- What are their positions on securing Australian resources such as food and gas and water and farmland?
- What practical effects is our Federal elected member's work making on resilience and facilities in The Grove?
- Have our Federal members been in the news?
- Would your Federal member be any help in getting a practical change in The Grove in the direction you want?
- Mrs Jane Prentice MP - Liberal Party of Australia
- Electorate Office: 636 Moggill Road, Chapel Hill QLD 4069
- Tel: 3378 1599 (Electorate Office); (02) 6277 4426 (Parliament House)
- Online: Contact Form
- The Hon Peter Dutton MP
- Shop 3/ 199 Gympie Rd, Strathpine
- PO Box 2012, Strathpine Centre Q 4500
- Phone: 3205 9977; Fax 3205 5111 (Electoral Office) (02) 6277 4884 (Parliament)
The Prime Minister of Australia is Julia Gillard.
Her Excellency Ms Quentin Bryce AC, Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia
In Federal Parliament, The Grove is represented in the Senate by all the Senators for Queensland. There is not a particular one for our area. The Queensland Senators are:
- Senator The Hon Ron Boswell -Nationals
- Senator Sue Boyce - Liberal
- Senator the Hon George Brandis SC - Liberal
- Senator Mark Furner - ALP
- Senator the Hon John Hogg - ALP
- Senator Barnaby Joyce - Nationals
- Senator the Hon Joe Ludwig - ALP
- Senator the Hon Ian Macdonald - Liberal
- Senator the Hon Jan McLucas - ALP
- Senator the Hon Brett Mason - Liberal
- Senator Claire Moore - ALP
- Senator Larissa Waters - Australian Greens
Matters affecting the future such as climate change, food sovereignty, population, and energy and water planning.
- Agriculture, Fisheries, Forestry
- Attorney-General's Department
- Education, Employment, Workplace Relations
- Environment, Water, Heritage & the Arts
- Families, Housing, Community Services & Indigenous Affairs
- Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Health & Ageing
- Immigration & Citizenship
- Innovation, Industry, Science & Research
- Transport and Regional Services
- Veterans' Affairs
The Federal Government has a lot of agencies:
- Australia Post
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian Communications and Media Authority
- Australian Competition & Consumer Commission
- Australian Customs Service
- Australian Electoral Commission
- Australian Federal Police
- Australian Government Regional Information Service
- Australian Hearing
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority
- Australian Pesticides & Beterinary Medicines Authority
- Australian Quarantine & Inspection Service
- Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO)
- Australian Taxation Office
- Australian Trade Commission (Austrade)
- Banking & Financial Services Ombudsmand
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Child Support Agency
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority
- Commonwealth Ombudsman
- CRS Australia
- Drug Intelligence Reporting Centre Hotline
- Enterprise Connect
- Family Court of Australia
- Federal Magistrates Court of Australia
- Human Rights & Equal Opportunity Commission
- Insurance Ombudsman Service Ltd
- IP Australia
- Job Network
- Medicare Australia
- National Native Tribunal Tribunal
- National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition
- Office of Indigenous Policy Coordination
- Parliament of the Commonwealth
- Passports Australia
- Privacy Commissioner
- Productivity Commission
- Social Security Appeals Tribunal
- Translating & Interpreting Serivce
- Transport Security
- Veterans' Review Board
- WCS - Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service
- Workplace Authority
- Workplace Ombudsman
Envelope: The Hon Peter Dutton, MP; The Hon. Julia Gillard, MP, Prime Minister of Australia; Senator Barnaby Joyce, Senator for Queensland
Salutation: Dear Sir; Dear Prime Minister; Dear Senator
Conclusion: Yours faithfully
How to address orally: Mr Dutton; Prime Minister or Ms Gillard; Senator
- Australian Labor Party
- The Greens
- Family First
- Christian Democratic Party
- What is their party position on key issues of importance to you?
- What are their party policies?
- Who are their candidates in The Grove?
- Have you met them or heard them speak?