Zumba, Yoga, Walking, Volleyball, Trampoline, Toro Bushido, Tennis, Tai Chi, Taewondo, Swimming, Sweat Depot, Strong People Stay Young, Softball, Soccer, Scouting & Guiding, Skateboarding, Running, Rugby League Football, QiGong, Pool, Billiards, Snooker, Police & Citizens Youth Club, Pilate, Physical Education in Schools, Paintball, Netball, Martial Arts, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Model Car Off Road Dirt Racing, Little Athletics, Kindy Climbers, JuJitsu, Judo, Horse-riding, Hockey, Gymnastics, Golf, Fitness, Fishing, Cycling, Cricket, Circuit Boxercise, Camping, Bowls, Barefoot Bowls, Boxing, Boating & Sailing, Basketball, Baseball, Ballet, Badminton, Athletics, Arana Sports, Aikido, AFL Football, Active After-school.
The AASC program is a free Australian Government initiative that provides primary school children with access to sports and structure physical activity programs after school (3:00pm-5:00pm).
The Australian Sports Commission manages the AASC program nationally through a countrywide network of regional coordinators who assist schools and after-school care centres to facilitate the program, recruit and train community coaches, and forge links between children and clubs.
The Regional Coordinator for The Grove is Andrew Woodrick (3031 8012; 0437 700 321)
Presently involved in the program are:
- Patricks Rd Out-of-School-Hours Care
- St Williams Out-of-School-Hours Care
The AASC program targets children who do not usually join local sporting clubs and gives them positive and fun experience, and inspires children with all levels of skill to join local clubs. It is continually focused on promoting sport participation.
- The benefits of club involvement in the AASC program include:
- Increased junior membership & possible creation of new junior teams
- Grant opportunities for new equipment
- Access to free professional development for club coaches through the Australian Sports Commission's Community Coach Training Program
- Opportunity for coaches to gain payment.
- Exposure of your sport, club facilities and club coaches to primary school children, parents, school teachers and other local community members.
- Increase in volunteers, parents and athletes who are able to be trained as coaches
- Promotional opportunities such as 'come and try' days for clubs to showcase their sport
- Playing for Life CD-ROM resource
- Ongoing support by an ASC regional coordinator
How your club can be involved:
- As little as one hour a week for up to seven weeks
- Someone in the community can be identified to deliver the program on behalf of the club
- 'Come and try' gala days
- Inviting junior coaches to attend a session to meet children at localschools or after-school care centres
- Inviting AASC schools and after-school care centres to use your club facilities and host an activity session or registration day
- Holding registration days at AASC schools or after-school care centres that participate in your sport
- Handing out registration flyers
Ferny Grove & Districts Junior Australian Football Club - The Ferny Grove Falcons
- Ferny Grove Falcons - become an umpire
- Passionate about AFL? Interested in the development of Junior AFL in the Ferny Grove & surrounding suburbs? Want to promote your local business? Support the Ferny Grove Falcons Junior AFL Club. The Club is offering a variety of Sponsorship Packages (starting from $500 a season). Packages are available now. - Come on board & Fly with the Falcons! Ferny Chiropractic is a sponsor from The Grove.
For further information call our Football Department Manager & Sponsorships Officer, Gary Walsh on (0407) 490 368
Hills PCYC has junior classes.
- 0431 297 449
- Mon, Wed 6:30pm. Fri 11am. Sat 10am
- The Hills PCYC
New Era athletics
- track racing and training combined
- High jump Fosbury Flop, scissors, straddle separately scored
- No-foul shot putt. Long jump true measure
- No programmed events are compulsory
- 6 years of age to adults, som restrictions for under 10s.
- 60m, 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 800m, 3000m, high jump, shot putt, long jump, javelin (vortex, foam simulation.
- IAAF Rules adhered to selectively only
- Leslie Patrick Oval, Arana Hills
- All Saturdays, August & September 2010. 1:00pm-5:00pm
- www.atheleticreform.com or register at Leslie Patrick Oval.
- No hurdles, discus, javelin, pole vault, hammer or steeplechase.
- Break It down School of Entertainment
- Cheryl 0432 171 924
- In 2010: Boys only: Combined tap & hip hop class
- Ballet - RAD
- Tap - Tapatak Oz
- Hip Hop
- Adult Tone Stretch & Strengthen
- Adult Tap/Jazz
- Classes at Cedar Creek Community Hall, and Patricks Rd State School.
Pine Hills Lightning Baseball Club's Batter Up program runs at Ferny Hills, Ferny Grove and Patricks Road state schools. The program is run by Baseball Queensland for one week. It is an active introduction to baseball where students from Years 1, 2, 3 and 4 are involved in 30-minute baseball sessions.
Pine Hills home fields are at Bunya, corner Jinker Track and Bunya Rd at the James Drysdale Recreational Park, Bunya
For information phone Greg on 0402 814 438
Ferny Grove Bowls, Sports and Community Club and barefoot bowls
Ferny Districts Cricket Club - Ferny Fireballs
Meets at Ferny Grove Sports & Receational Centre - take the drive between the Brisbane Tramway Museum and the Ferny Grove Bowls,Sport & Social Club in Tramway Museum, Ferny Grove, opposte the Ferny Grove police station.
Cricket is also played at the George Willmore Park in Ferny Way, Ferny Hills.
- Ultimate Choices Personal Training is conducting group fitness training sessions every Thursday from 6-30pm to 7-30pm at Keperra Picnic Grounds, corner of Upper Kedron Rd and Samford Rd. Catering for all fitness levels. Cost is $15 casual visit or $90 for 10 visit card. Contact Jenny Adams for further details 0407 335 149
Arana / Ascot Junior Women's Hockey Club Inc., meets at Leslie Patrick Park, Olearia Street, Everton Hills
Arana Ascot Junior Women's Hockey Club is also part of Arana Sports, a non-profit organisation comprising of seven Junior Sporting organisations.
Horses are stabled locally and ridden on tracks through Brisbane Forest Park from Sutton Court to Camp Mountain Lookout, and to Bellbird Grove, tracks through Samford State Forest from Lomandra
Arana Little Athletics Centre Inc meets at Leslie Patrick Park, Arana HIlls
Wet Weather Number 1902 262019 Call cost $1.10 approx. (after 4:30pm on competition night) Club code: 1081
Wet Weather Number 1902 262019 Call cost $1.10 approx. (after 4:30pm on competition night)
Club code: 1081
See also Athletics.
Club Secretary 2010: Teigan Single
Arana Netball Club Inc., meets at Leslie Patrick Park, Arana Hills and Downey Park, Windsor.
Arana Netball Club is also part of Arana Sports, a non-profit organisation comprising of seven Junior Sporting organisations.
Top Gun Paintball, Keperra
The Hills District PCYC is also part of Arana Sports, a non-profit organisation comprising of seven Junior Sporting organisations.
West Arana Hills Rugby League Football Club (WAHRLFC) Inc
The Football Club has grown again in 2010 with three open teams and the Masters as well as the Juniors. Arana Leagues Club invites locals to come down and enjoy a meal or snack in the Alfresco and enjoy watching the games from one of the best vantage points available.
The Football Club has formed an association with the Brisbane Broncos to have a full time Coaching and Development Officer, Shane Morris. Shane has been to the local schools and is actively promoting junior sport. The Football Club holds clinics in the school holidays. The Football Club recently also had the Broncos conduct a training session on the main oval.
Bob Cassimaty Park, Samford Rd, opposite shops
The main aim of Scouting is fun - lots of it. Kids get to do things they've never done before, learn bushcraft, leadership and life skills. Parents can be involved too.
Joey Scouts, Cub Scouts, and Scouts
For boys and girls aged 6 to 151/2 years
Wahminda Park Scouts Group and Girl Guides - contact Bill Duncan 3289 1514
The Baden Powell Scout Camp Grounds are close to The Grove in Samford along Samford Rd.
Westside Football Club (also known as Westside Soccer)
Meet at Grovely Sports Ground, Hanran St, Keperra (Map 138 C3), Candlestick Park. Parking & canteen
- Under 6: Wigan, Westham, Fury
- Under 7: Aston Villa, Fulham, Manchester United
- Under 8: Liverpool, Everton
- Under 9: Chelsea, Arsenal
Waratahs Softball Club Inc., meeting at Leslie Patrick Park, Arana Hills 0411 093 988
For club information: www.waratahs.brisbane.softball.org.au
Waratah's Softball Club is also part of Arana Sports, a non-profit organisation comprising of seven Junior Sporting organisations.
Hills PCYC has adult and junior classes
- Ferny Hills Swimming Centre, Ferny Way, Ferny Hills
- Grovely State School has a swimming pool.
- All Saints Anglican Church hall, Narellan St, Arana Hills
- Pacific International Taekwondo
- Tuesday & Thursday
- Childrens 7-12 years 6:00-7:00pm
- Teens & adults 13-40+ years 7:00-8:00pm
- Free tryout
- 3263 6557, 0414 252 255
- Ferny Hills State School (courts for hire 0406 039 334)
- Ferny Grove State School
Hills PCYC has adult and junior classes